Losing a loved one is a difficult and lifechanging experience. When you lose a loved one to suicide, the situation can be especially painful.
What makes this situation even worse is discovering the scene of a suicide on your property. If this occurs, you need to call the proper authorities immediately and stay away from the scene. The scene of a suicide is dangerous as there may be bodily fluids like blood present that can spread infection or disease. Once the authorities have cleared the scene, it is the responsibility of the property owner to have the area cleaned and disinfected. It is best to hire a licensed professional who can safely restore the scene.
ServiceMaster Fire and Water Restoration provides suicide cleanup services in Denver, CO and the surrounding areas. Our technicians have the training and equipment to safely remove dangerous biohazard materials as well as clean and disinfect the scene. We also approach the situation with respect and compassion, and we will work discreetly to protect your privacy.
Why Suicide Scenes are Dangerous
The scene of a suicide is traumatizing and very dangerous. Blood and other bodily fluids are likely to contaminate the scene and it is best to avoid contact with these biohazard materials. Any attempt to clean these dangerous materials without the proper equipment and training can increase the risk of spreading infection or disease. The traumatizing nature of the situation also makes it best to avoid contact with the scene as much as possible until it can be safely restored to its original state. Repeated exposure to the scene will only add to the trauma for those who are grieving.
When we arrive on the scene, our technicians will immediately get to work to neutralize the danger and begin the restoration process. We will also treat those who are grieving with compassion and respect as we understand the gravity of the situation. You can count on our technicians to eliminate all evidence of the tragedy and safely return the scene to its normal state.
Suicide Cleaning in Denver, CO
Our technicians at ServiceMaster Fire and Water Restoration will show up in unmarked vehicles to protect your privacy. We will carefully assess the scene and ensure that all biohazard materials are removed and disposed of properly. The scene will then be thoroughly cleaned and decontaminated using powerful cleaners and disinfectants to eliminate harmful pathogens. Throughout the process, our technicians will keep you updated on our progress and treat you and your loved ones with the utmost respect and compassion.
Our suicide cleaning services include the following steps:
- Removal of biohazard materials: All biohazard materials including blood and bodily fluids will be removed and disposed of at a licensed medical waste facility.
- Decontamination: The entire scene is cleaned, decontaminated, and restored with the most powerful cleaning products and disinfectants available.
- Deodorization: Any lingering odors are removed with advanced deodorization technology.
- Insurance assistance: We can help you manage your claim with your insurance company.
- Family assistance and support: Our technicians are respectful and approach these situations with compassion. We can also put those who are grieving in touch with counseling professionals.
- Certified technicians: Our technicians are trained and certified and they will adhere to strict protocols as well as local and state government regulations.
The restoration of a suicide scene is an important step in the recovery of those who are grieving the loss. Our technicians will not only safely disinfect and restore the scene, but also help start the recovery process. Call ServiceMaster Fire and Water Restoration at (303) 791-6000 for more about our suicide cleanup services in Denver, CO.